The Texas SHRM LeadHRs program is designed to equip participants with essential leadership skills, enhancing their capabilities in their professional careers, within their SHRM chapters, and as volunteers for Texas SHRM serving the HR community.
Participants in the LeadHRs program will gain insights into diverse aspects of leadership. The program focuses on teaching effective methods for team development, cultivating a desired organizational or SHRM chapter culture, and mastering the art of leading change management initiatives.
Click here to learn more about this opportunity currently offered to 2024 Texas Chapter Presidents & President-Elects!
Module 1 - What is Leadership?
Module 2 - Setting Direction / Strategic Planning
Module 3 - Situational Leadership and Motivation
Module 4 - Creating the Culture You Want
Module 5 - Building an Effective Team
Module 6 - Project Planning
Click here to download the agenda + program overview.
LEADHRS participants will be expected to:
- view webinars either live or independently *
- view the application assignment overview to assist with understanding and completion +
- connect with their coach prior to the guided group discussion
- attend and participate in the guided group discussions with seasoned HR professionals / coaches *
Texas SHRM is offering this exclusive program at a discounted rate to assist chapter leaders with extensive knowledge on becoming better leaders. With a program value of $3,000, Texas SHRM is excited to offer this course for $500 total. (Should this be a hardship for you, please reach out to the Texas SHRM office regarding a payment plan.)
Attendance is limited, submit your application early.
Registration deadline: January 31, 2024
* While participation in each of these activities is highly encouraged, those with an * will be recorded and can be viewed independently if necessary. Estimated time dedication: Six modules each with a 90-minute webinar, 30-minute application work, 60-minute 1:1 coaching session and a 90-minute group discussion equals 4.5 hours per module for a program total of 27-30 hours.
+ Application of homework Overview – Optional (in-person and recording)
Also note that this leadership program qualifies for 9 hours of SHRM/HRCI professional development credits (PDC). The minimum to graduate from this program is to attend or view 100% of all the webinar modules.